Monday 29 May 2017

Top 5 Holiday Beauty Essentials

Hi there :)  

As I’m writing this post now, I am sat on the train heading back to University in Edinburgh so I can fly out to Malaga with 3 of my uni friends! Excited is an absolute understatement - I'm buzzing for this holiday; the chance to relax, tan and spend quality time with some of my favourite people. 

As I’m sure you are all aware, packing toiletries for most people is hard, but is double the work when you’re a beauty lover. Trying to limit the makeup, skincare and haircare that I take on holiday with me is an absolute nightmare! 

So here are my top 5 items that I am taking with:

Maybelline EyeStudio Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in ‘And On Bronze’ 




This is a staple in my holiday makeup. I feel like regardless of the destination, a bronze-gold look can never go wrong and is always super flattering with a tan. This cream product is perfect for holiday as it is gentle on your eyes after the chlorine and salt that they have been exposed to during the day, and stays put so you don't need to worry about it sliding off. The colour pay-off is also perfect!!

Boots Smooth Care Facial Wax Strips For Sensitive Skin




I used these for the first time yesterday and they worked like a dream on my upper lip. For only £2.39 you receive 20 wax strips and 4 after-care wipes. Not only did they do the job, but also left me with no rash or stinging sensation after. I’ve taken them away with me incase I need to sharpen up my eyebrows or go over my upper lip.

Garnier Pure Active 3-in-1 Wash, Scrub, Mask 50ml




I always take an exfoliator away with me to unclog my pores from the suncream and natural oils that come about in hot countries. I’ve found that this Garner one is amazing because not only is the packaging a convenient size, but the product is also 3-in-1 so your skin is never lacking. 

NYX Professional Makeup Soft Matte lip cream in ‘London’




These matte liquid lipsticks are perfect for holiday due to their creamy formula. This means that they wont dry out your lips in the heat but still give a lovely matte finish. I particularly like the shade ‘London’ because for me it is the perfect nude and goes with any makeup look or outfit on holiday. 

SOAP & GLORY™ One Heck Of A Blot™ INSTANT-PERFECTING POWER PRIMER




The soap and glory primer is an absolute winner for me both in my everyday routine and on holiday. The tacky formula means your foundation or BB cream will not budge no matter how oily you are in the heat - such a fantastic product at an extremely affordable price. 

What are you holiday essentials? Let me know in the comments below, I’m always eager to try new products!

Sophie x

Instagram: @sophhelmanmakeup
Twitter: @sophie_helman 

5 comments:

  1. Great picks! I have no idea where to find On and On bronze, I've never seen in it one of our US drugstores! x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame, it is honestly such an incredible colour! Hopefully they bring it to the US soon x

      Delete
  2. These are some great choices. I couldn't go without bronzer during the summer, they just leave you with such a nice glow! And the NYX lip cream 'London' is actually one of my go-to's, love the colour!

    x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What bronzer do you go for on holiday? I wasn't sure which one to take this time and I'm desperately looking for a new one! x

      Delete
  3. I know this is an odd place to put this, but I'm one of the WASLI volunteer coordinators and we're trying to get your e-mail. Can you check your facebook messages from people who are not your contacts and accept my request and send me your e-mail so we can send you information?

    ReplyDelete